Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blog Assignment 5

picture of headphones


Langwitches
I was very impressed when I heard the podcast. I agreed that every student learns differently, and not every student may need the same tool to help them succeed. Mrs. Tolisano also made very good points at how she gives different students different jobs that best suit them. She also went on to explain that students get to do interviews through face-time conferences and she has other students who document the interview. I thought this was a great idea to get students involved while using technology at the same time.
Pod-casting Benefits
I like that he showed how if you record lectures, students have them on hand so that they can review for a test. I also agree that by using podcasts get students excited to learn. They made many great points. For example, they showed that through podcasts, a student who is sick can still be up to date on information in the classroom. I also liked the way they actually asked students how they felt about podcasting. I was surprised to hear all of the students who like podcasts in the classroom.
Scharf's Podcast Collection
Judy Scharf's post had many tips on how to create a podcast. She not only included what a podcast is but links to understanding the benefits of using a podcast in the classroom. She also posted a list of topics to get started on a podcast. This was very helpful creating my groups podcast because she showed how valuable time is during recording of a podcast. Her post was also helpful in showing how to submit a podcast on iTunes. I will now be able to use podcasts successfully thanks to her post.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    That was such a cool post. I really liked how you explained what you think about podcasts and how it also uses technology. The other thing I liked about you is, that you showed the podcasting benefits. Here is a link to my blog, I would love it if you saw it.
    pesmubasshiram.blogspot.com

    P.S Thanks for commenting on my podcast. We really appreciate it. There will be more podcasts coming up soon.

    Your Sincerely,
    Mubasshira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kayla

    I really enjoyed your post on podcast, because I really like making them. I have a question for you do you enjoy making podcast also have you ever made a podcast?

    P.S. thanks for the comment on my podcast hope you have some time to check out my blog. :)

    Your sincerly Jarna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will use podcasts with your students when you have your own classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla,

    Langwitches- I really liked her idea as well. I thought it was very creative idea to get the kids involved with Language Arts with the use of technology.

    Podcasting Benefits- I agree with you about the advantage of having podcasts for different reasons. I believe podcasting can be used to put assignnments as well as what is going on in the classroom. I also believe that it is a great idea not only for the student to have it whenever they need it but also the parents. Whenever the kid happens to miss class they can access anytime, anywhere. I also feel that parents should know what is going on in the classroom. Podcasting is a very useful tool for the classroom.

    Scharf's Podcast Collection- Ms. Scharf did have some very interesting tips on how to make a podcast. She sure knows what she is doing when it comes to podcasting. Now, I will know how to properly do a podcast the next time it arises, thanks to Ms. Scharf's helpful post.

    ReplyDelete